Wednesday, January 19, 2011

wooohoooo!

Drumroll please.....I sent the dossier to Washington DC today! Yay!!!

We were out of town this weekend for Taylor's birthday (more on that later) and I hit the ground running when we got back! I picked up the completed home study tuesday and went immediately to get the Williamson county seal on my dossier. Tennessee requires an extra step compared to most other states in that we have to get a county seal, then a state seal, and then the Great Seal in Washington DC. After getting the county seal, I dashed off to church to make 5 copies of the entire document, which was a whole lot of pages! then I went to Kinkos to mail off the I-600A. The I-600A approval is the I171 (confusing, right?) and basically says that we are fit to immigrate a child into the country. This process can take several weeks and includes us going to get fingerprinted when they tell us to.

So today, Callie and I started on our adventure to get the state seal and then get that dossier to DC! I was really nervous because I didn't want to mess anything up (and am still nervous because they won't get it until tomorrow to tell me if I messed it up), but we did it! Callie was a trooper and kept telling people that we were "sending a note to baby brother"...close enough.

I am so grateful to be at this point! We would covet your prayers as we now wait to get a call that they have placed us with a baby boy. It should be several months before that happens, but we are praying that our baby is being cared for by loving people until we can have him...

2 comments:

chris anne said...

love, love, love all the new posts. way to get caught up so fast. maybe i can follow your lead...but don't get your hopes up.

Jenny said...

Isn't it so exciting when all of those papers are finally out of your hands??!! We are so excited for you guys and can't wait to hear how God writes this chapter of your story!